This is my mother-in-law's recipe, which my boyfriend loves!
- 150g butter + more butter to later on. (You don't have to.)
- 6dl milk
- 2 eggs
- 50 g yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 kg flour
- 2 dl sugar + more to sprinkle later on
- Cinnamon to sprinkle later on.
- Put the oven to 250°C / 482°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into a bowl, but only half of the flour. NB: Remember to add the yeast and salt on two different side of the bowl
- Melt the butter and add it into the bowl.
- Add half the milk and rest of the flour will get and even dough.
- Let it rest til it gotten double size.
- When it's done, cut it in half and make it as flat as you want it. If you had some more butter, and spread the butter with a knife all over it.
- Add sugar and cinnamon, and roll it all together. Cut it around 1,5-2 cm tick.
- Bake it middle in the oven, for around 10 min. NB: Keep an eye on them if you are going to have them longer then 10 minutes. They get easily burned and dry.
- If you want to decorate them, add some icing sugar when they have cooled.
- They are best when they are fresh and warm.
- They are freezable!
- If you don't have milk, you can use powdered milk substitute.